Materialising strategic objectives within data management for Standard Bank
Std Bank (GDMP – Global Data Management Programme) – Blueprint
Standard Bank South Africa is currently on a journey of optimisation, which was initiated with a principle of “resolving the basics”. This was established in response to the organisation’s requirement to meet its Risk & Compliance and Financial strategic objectives.
Digiterra was contracted to help the Human Capital Management (HCM) department materialise these strategic objectives within the boundaries of data management.
Digiterrs provided a determination of the current business state that is serviced by the data management framework with reference to the organisation, strategy, process and application dimensions already identified.
The project included:
- An Information view extending to the establishment of a data dictionary including the formalisation of the conceptual and logical view of data across the business and the mapping of logical view to physical stores.
- Determination of a best practice high level design for a data management practice
- A the service catalogue requirement that incorporated description of the service as well as the governance constraints under which the service needs to be delivered;
- Facilitation and determination of a release plan organised into work packages for service catalogue implementation.
- Project Management
- A completed metamodel that gave data management service requirements to meet Risk & Compliance and Financial strategic objectives
- A data management service operational model– to effectively execute against the requirements
- A data management service catalogue and implementation plan.
- CLIENT Standard Bank GDMP
- YEAR 2015
- CATEGORY Business Transformation