Java Developer (Contract)
|Job Location||South Africa -Gauteng|
|Posted||9/26/2017 7:32 AM|
We are currently looking for a Software Developer to be responsible for the documentation of technical specifications, the development of a Java cross-platform deployable application against the specification, the testing of the application components and the integration and migration of the application components into production environments.
Job Description (Details of the position)
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Consult with business analysis and architecture teams to ensure alignment to the business requirements and architecture guidelines
- Document detailed design and technical specifications that may be required for development of application components
- Perform software development tasks in a Java language in accordance with specifications as per the project or agreed timelines
- Perform impact assessments for projects and initiatives
- Perform reviews on code and documentation
- At least 5 years’ experience in Java Web and Enterprise development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Sun Certified Programmer and/or Developer
- Object Orientated Design (using UML), Object Orientated Programming (OOP), and the understanding and application of common creational, structural, and behavioural Design Patterns (Abstract Factory, Decorator, Façade, Proxy, Command, Strategy etc.)
- Competence in the use of Java language constructs and components (Classes, Interfaces, Enums, Collections, Generics, Reflection, Annotations, Access Modifiers, Methods, Control Structures, etc.), and proven development experience in the Java language.
- Proficiency in the application of Java EE Enterprise components, structures, and services (EJB, CDI, JSP/Servlets, JDBC, JSTL, JMS, JNDI, JAX-RS, JASPIC, XML, JSON etc.).
- Experience of deploying in a common Java application server (Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere, BEA Weblogic, etc.)
- Ensure that you meet the minimum requirements as stated above.
- If your application be approved, we will contact you as soon as there is a suitable vacancy at one of our clients.
- Should you be successful, you will join one of our on-site teams and be able to rely on the help and support of fellow Digiterra employees as well as the relevant BDM.
- Should you not receive any response from us within 2 weeks, you can consider your application as unsuccessful for this specific position.
- We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for entrusting us with your confidential credentials and for your interest in Digiterra Group!