Career Opportunity: Digital Architect
We are excited to be able to offer a Digital Architect career opportunity, as follows.
The Digital Architect will be responsible for analysing digital requirements and specifying architectures and digital technologies across the business value chains. This person must have experience in the area of Digital use cases design and be familiar with using Design thinking approaches and agile methodologies for specifying and prototyping digital solutions. Must be able to map digital business capabilities as part of future state architecture for a digital enterprise and develop the digital solution architectures for the digital journeys. Must have experience on delivering on digital and IT transformation projects working at the enterprise level to effectively drive people, process and technology change.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Lead the Digital Transformation programme.
- Architecting digital capabilities and solutions – particularly in the areas of Supply Chain Digitization, Sales Digitization and Digital Customer Service Channels.
- Provide design governance and architectural oversight for all digital initiatives on transformation projects.
- Work with the Head of Architecture to drive out new digital strategies and innovations for the organization
Accountable for Operational Deliverables
- Develop Digital Business Architecture models
- Run Digital POC’s and creating digital prototypes
- Design Digital Ecosystem Architectures and roadmaps
- Develop solution architecture designs for digital initiatives
Primary Work Arrangements
- This role will report to the to the Head of Enterprise Architecture
- This role will be expected to work with key business stakeholders and managers as well as leverage subject matter experts within operational teams in any needed technical area to formulate the Business Architecture.
- This role will collaborate with Business constituents, other Architecture team members, project teams and staff in various business units and IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
- This role will be expected to follow required Project Management, SDLC and IT Governance & compliance processes, insuring that all proper handoffs, checklists, approvals and documentation are completed.
- This role will be expected to be governed by the BWE Enterprise Architecture in the development of all architectural concepts, strategies, patterns, solutions, designs & technology standards.
Education and Training and Experience
- Detailed in depth Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks like TOGAF, Zachman etc. with emphasis on business
- Experience with Business Process Management within ERP solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8-10 years of design and implementation experience in IT
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise, and how to respond to political challenges
Key Behaviours and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a technical leader
- Track record for remaining unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor; and being more interested in results than personal preferences
- Motivation that is focused on long-term results
Send your cv to: email@example.com